We're committed to do our part to help protect the environment
The materials that go into our books come from suppliers that share our environmental commitment.
- We provide our customers with paper selections that are from sustainable sources which are harvested responsibly.
- We are FSC® certified. (FSC-C005010)
- We stock recycled papers, as well as FSC certified text and cover stock.
- We print with soy and vegetable oil-based inks.
We are committed to:
- Providing a safe and healthful workplace and ensuring that personnel are properly trained with the appropriate safety and emergency equipment
- Being an environmentally responsible neighbor in the community where we operate, and correct incidents or conditions that endanger health, safety, or the environment
- Developing and Improve operations and technologies to minimize waste and other pollution, minimize health and safety risks, and disposing of waste safely and responsibly
- Ensuring the responsible use of energy throughout our business, including conserving energy, improving energy efficiency, and giving preference to renewable over non-renewable energy when feasible
- Promptly report all noncompliance issues in accordance with applicable governmental reporting requirements, evaluate causes of noncompliance, and implement corrective actions
- Establishing procedures for periodic review of environmental compliance with all laws and regulations
- We recycle our inks and solvents
- We recycle paper waste, aluminum plates, corrugated cardboards
- We recycle all electronic machines (computers, keyboards, printers, monitors, etc) and batteries
- We train our employees in the proper handling of inks, solvents, and other chemicals to minimize waste and exposure. This includes procedures to minimize emissions by properly covering, sealing, and storing used containers of materials that contain VOCs.